Friday, October 19, 2012

Candy Cane Cookies


These cookies are dry.  Eat with a glass of milk.  :)  But they're addictive.  They are OK un frosted, but much more palatable frosted.  They are something I grew up eating and for some reason I just love them!  They bring back memories of holidays.  Holidays where my Mom baked oodles of her cinnamon rolls.  I can still see them lined up on the counters in their foil sheets.  Every year.  I wanted to try these out (I still have the original 3x5 card with the typed recipe on it) to see what my family thought of them.  They agree.  They're dry.  But they're good, and addictive!

Here's the recipe.

Candy Cane Cookies

1 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup oats (I pulsed them in a food processor until they were finely ground because Joshua would see the oats and refuse to eat the cookies)
2 Tablespoons water

Beat butter and vanilla until creamy.  Add sugar gradually, beat until fluffy.  Add water.  Add flour and salt, mixing thoroughly.  Stir in oats.  Shape into canes (not as easy as it seems!)

Place on un greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 325 degrees F for about 20 minutes.  Cool and frost (just use your favorite frosting recipe).  Makes about 36 cookies.

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

My favorite cookies ever no kidding dry or not