Thursday, August 28, 2008

Spaghetti Pie


I don't know why I have never made this before...it's easy, cheap, so tasty and easier than lasagna. It's a new favorite.


8 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained

2 tablespoons butter

1/3 c. Parmesan Cheese, grated

2 eggs, beaten

1 lb. hamburger

1 jar spaghetti sauce

1-1 1/2 c. cottage cheese

2 c. mozzarella cheese


Combine spaghetti with butter, Parmesan cheese and eggs. Press into buttered 9 x 13 pan to form crust. Brown hamburger and stir in spaghetti sauce. Spread cottage cheese over crust. Top with meat and spaghetti sauce mixture. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Take out and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake another 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Let set for a few minutes before cutting...even better the second day. Variation: You could also put pepperoni on top before or after the cheese for a little kick.

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

This was really yummy and fast. Our family cleaned the plate.

deedlebug said...

Julie -
I have never put hamburger in mine and I have never baked it in a 9 X 13 pan - I always put it in a pie plate - but I think the 9 X 13 pan would be less messy. I am glad to see that others in the family enjoy this one as well. I got the recipe from Aunt Donna - - is that where you got it?