Monday, November 10, 2008

Eggnog Scones


(Big Thanks to my sister LeAnne for this yummy)
These are a family favorite we enjoy during "eggnog" season, but it is hard to keep the kids from drinking the eggnog before I make the scones! Now they ask, "Is this for scones?"

When you serve these warm with a glass of milk or Hot Chocolate you will be Feelin' the season, trust me.

3 C. Flour
1/4 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 C. Butter, cut into pieces
1 C. Eggnog

Combine dry ingredients. Cut in butter. Make a well in center and add eggnog. Stir with a fork until moistened. (You may have to add a bit more eggnog, but do not make it sticky) Divide in 2 pieces. Pat or roll gently into a 1" circle (approximate shape). Cut in 6 wedges. Repeat with second piece of dough. Put on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes. For variety, you can add 1/2 C. craisins and/or nuts.

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Hey that's my recipe - harumpf.

LeAnne said...

Okay so now I can't remember if I gave Karen this recipe or if she gave it me...oh well it is a good one.

kg said...

LeAnne,

I'm sure you gave it to me. All my good recipes come from you. :)

CinnaPatty said...

I made this Christmas morning. I don't even like egg nog but yum yum yum. Even the boys liked them! (and they don't like anything)

Bubbleyumgirl said...

What happened to the pears? Or is that the Pear/Nutmeg scone recipe? That one is YUM, too. Also LeAnne's.