Monday, August 10, 2009

Mom's Zucchini Bread aka. The Secret Recipe




Patty passed this on to me a couple of years ago and I just made it again today. I still think mom's recipe is one of the best.


3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 eggs well beaten
1 cup shortening or cooking oil (I've always used olive oil)
3 cups zucchini, grated
1 teaspoon vanilla


Sift dry ingredients in medium bowl. Mix eggs, shortening (oil), zucchini and vanilla together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Pour into two loaf pans. Bake at 325 for about 1 hour for large loaves. For mini loaves check after 20 minutes. I'm sure they'd make good cupcakes too. Same bake time as mini loaves, check after 15 to 20 minutes

2 comments:

CinnaPatty said...

Oh it's the best all right. I used to reward/bribe my Primary teachers in Aliso Viejo with the bread. The would do ANYTHING for a mini loaf of that bread :) YUM!

Janette Porter said...

Looks really yummy, can't wait to try it!