Friday, May 13, 2011

Easy Pretzel Turtles

Who doesn't like a little pretzel, caramel, chocolate and nuts?  The hardest part about this recipe is unwrapping all the Rolos.  Enjoy these little treats or give them away to someone you love.  This recipe comes from the cookbook "Our Best Bites", one of my new favorites. I am not a food photographer so my picture isn't as beautiful as it could be.  Enjoy!

55 small Pretzels (this is about how many Rolos come to a bag)
1 bag of Rolos candy
Various toppings - Nuts, M&M's, mini marshmallows, coconut...let your imagination wander
Melted Almond Bark or White Candy melts for drizzling (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line baking sheet with parchment or foil.  Lay out pretzels on cookie sheet.  Put one unwrapped Rolo on top of each pretzel.  Place in preheated oven for 3-4 minutes, until just glossy and beginning to melt. (Should still hold shape)  Take out of oven and top with your toppings...pushing down to squish the Rolo into the pretzel.  Melt Almond Bark or Candy Melts in Ziploc bag, cut small hole in corner and drizzle over your creations.  Let cool completely and store in airtight container.

3 comments:

The King Family said...

Ooooh, I have seen these everywhere. They look so good. Now that you have made them, I need to give it a shot too!

LeAnne said...

Those are so good and so easy! But watch out they are addictive...

Rayburn Family said...

They are VERY addictive. I like that I can make as many or as little as I want.