Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chicken Parmesan Pizza


I know, noodles on pizza? Believe me, its great!!

I love it when I throw leftovers together and discover something delicious! I had a leftover grilled chicken breast, and some homemade marinara (love fresh tomato season). Eldon loves chicken parmesan but there wasn't enough chicken for individual, so......

My stand by pizza crust, either make a half batch, or divide in half for two pizzas.
Thinly slice grilled chicken breast (I warmed in microwave before putting on pizza)
cook 1/4 pound angel hair pasta, drain and mix with enough red sauce to coat.
2-3 cups mozzerella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
spaghetti sauce (about 1 1/2 - 2 cups)

Pat dough into pizza size crust (I used a foil pizza pan for size). Preheat grill. Put pizza crust on preheated grill (about 400 degrees). YOu can leave it in the pan, but I like the grill stripes on it. Let cook about 5 minutes--it will puff up, but still be white. Take off grill and flip onto pan or plate, so cooked side is now up. Spread sauce coated angel hair on crust. Sprinkle half cheese over noodles. Top with chicken slices, then remaining sauce, sprinkle with parmesan (I didn't measure, just sprinkled over top), then remaining mozerella. Put back on grill for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. EAT and ENJOY. You could also cook this in the oven as you would a regular homemade pizza, spread crust, put on toppings and bake until done.

PIZZA CRUST
2 pkg yeast
2 C warm water
5 C flour
4 TB olive oil
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
Dissolve yeast in water, stir in remaining ingredients (by hand or in mixer). Beat vigorously 20 strokes, let rest 5 minutes. 425 degrees 15-20 minutes (in oven)

No comments: